Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Call Me Skinny and I'll Love You For Life

When I wore that MKA outfit below last week, my friend Rebecca said I looked thin. I can live off a thin compliment for weeks - there's nothing better to hear, is there?

I went home for the weekend and besides a doctor's appt and family time, I attended a couple Phoenix Fashion Week events. While its not the most prestigious fashion event there is, the PR did an amazing job this year; it was a million times better than last year. Although last year, there was an open bar and free Sprinkles cupcakes. So really, I can't complain.

For one of them, I wore this vintage D&G dress, however it made me feel like a stuffed sausage, so I think I'm going to sell it. I just can't do skintight anymore - I ain't 18. I left it at my friend's house though, so I need to get that shiz back. Don't have a pic because its laying on mentioned friend's bed....

I've been wearing leggings and tanks all weekend because they're easy to pack, so instead, let me share some of my Fred Segal sale purchases (I can't help myself - the sale runs for like 3 weeks and its too close to my house to stay away). Besides a buttload of Stila, Burn, Paula Dorf, and Smashbox products on 2/3 off and the Givenchy sandals and J Brand zipper jeans I already showed, I got:

Joie Lucas Silk Top (or I could unbutton it and make it a vest - tricky, I know) - $40


House of Harlow Medallion Necklace - $12


MinkPink Floral Skirt - $50



On a side note, I've noticed that I break necklaces at an alarming rate. Anything from vintage to Forever 21 to Kenneth Jay Lane to Betsey Johnson to Tiffany's, I've broken in the last year. This week, I broke a Forever 21 tiger necklace and a bib necklace, and a vintage piece from the Fairfax Flea Market. Which is why I only buy cheapie jewelry now - I cannot be trusted with nice things. (This also applies to electronics and dry-clean only items).


1 comment: