Sunday, September 20, 2009

Running Remorse.

Sweet Jesus. I just signed up for a 5K. Immediately terrified.

I am NOT a runner. I was a competitive gymnast for years and my short manly muscles are meant for activities like push-ups, chin-ups and burpees - hence the reason I do Crossfit, pilates, etc. I work out 5x/week and I do hit the treadmill occasionally for a variance on the Galloway method - I sprint at 9.0 or 9.5 and then walk at 3.5 or 4.0 until I get to 2 or 3 miles. I could also elliptical for hours upon end, so I know my cardio level can do it... Its just that the thought of physically running that whole time makes me want to poke myself in the eye and vomit at the same time. Call it a mental block, but combined with old gymnastics injuries like shin splints and having asthma my whole life have made the activity of running my mortal enemy.

However...

My mother runs super marathons (52 milers) and does triathlons. She is doing a beach marathon for fun with some friends (for some reason she thinks 26.2 miles is a super sweet way to spend a morning) and so I have decided to suck it up and do the accompanying 5K. Because she will have left hours before and I will be on my own - lower pressure for me? Will report back with full details.... Sweet.Jesus.

Went out in Venice last night after being trapped in my apartment all day writing a paper. I needed it.

WORE YESTERDAY:

Topshop Pink Blazer


Forever 21 Black Pocket Tank


Current/Elliott Distressed Shorts


Sam Edelman Moto Booties





1 comment: