Thursday, January 22, 2009

Can't Resist American Apparel

Yesterday, I crawled out of my deathbed to run to the post office and get some pictures printed. On the way, I managed to drag my sick and weary body to American Apparel. I was craving some tees. And then, I may have stopped by the Fred Segal sale (this is the LAST time, I swear), because all Stila makeup was 75% OFF. You know you couldn't have resisted it either.

I RARELY pay full price for clothing/shoes/bags/jewelry as I am an expert at seeking out amazing sales, sample sales, outlets, and close-outs; the only places I pay full price is at moderate stores like American Apparel, Urban Outfitters, Forever 21, and a personal fav, Target's Go International collection. OR if there is something contemporary or designer that I really, really want, I will pay full price. I pretty much only wear J Brand jeans, and they run around $150, which is pretty moderate for a premium denim line. They fit me really well, and they are super flattering on everyone. I just got a pair I ordered on shopbop.com with zippers on the side of the bottoms, and these were the first pair that fit really weird! They were really stiff, and the calves were really small (ok, I have man calves, but J brand usually allots me space for them). Thank goodness for shopbop's liberal return policy and free shipping. Back to the website they went.
























At American Apparel, I got a purple 50/50 v-neck tee, a Sebastian Teller silky black oversize tee, and a cool leather wrap that can be a double belt or whatever. If I was more creative, I'd have more methods.




































































Today's School Outfit:



American Apparel Gray tee (I stole it from my brother, shhhh)























J Brand Black Lovestory Jeans


























Multiple Kenneth Jay Lane, Subversive for Target, & Betsey Johnson Necklaces (examples)


















































Christian Louboutin Bruges Pumps (Its rainy, they keep my pants out of it!)




























Mike & Chris Filmore Leather and Canvas Trench

























Alexander McQueen Scarf


No comments:

Post a Comment